Comforting words to those that mourn

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by GillyR, Feb 25, 2010.

1. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

I Stood By Your Bed

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly As you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to re-assure you, That I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, As you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me"

You looked so very tired, And sank into a chair, I tried so hard to let you know, That I was standing there.

It's possible for me, To be so near you every day. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, Then smiled, I think you knew… In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

An when the time is right for you, To cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you, And we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, There is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out…

Then come home to be with me.

run free sweet boy and watch over your family

2. aleexa

aleexa PetForums Junior

my eyes are full of tears. My kitten disappeared recently and I do not think I'll ever see him.I was moved by your words. I'm sorry for your loss and I understand your pain.

MydarlingPoppy likes this.
  3. angle

angle PetForums Newbie

this made me cry :( so sad

JennaDee likes this.
  4. Becsam

Becsam PetForums Newbie

Hello There, We just wanted to say thankyou so much for your poem, the words are truely beautiful. We have just lost our lovely dog Rusty, he was 14 years old. He bought us so much joy and our hearts are breaking without him.
    The words you wrote have bought us much comfort.

Best Wishes, Becky & Sam x

5. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Awww that is so sweet!

6. barkers

barkers PetForums Newbie

What beautiful words, made me cry. I lost one of my boys suddenly in October aged 12 and my other boy who had prostrate cancer died in January and he was only 8. I miss them every single day. We have a rescue dog now and she has brought some sunshine into our lives but it doesn't take away the pain of loss for our other 2. We were blessed to have them in our lives.

7. ilovecrossbreeds

ilovecrossbreeds PetForums Newbie

That is the nicest poem I have ever read.

I read a nice poem the other day it said:

If tears could build a stairway
    And memories a lane
    I'd walk right up to heaven
    And bring you home again

It made me think of my two beautiful guinea-pigs that went to rainbow bridge a few years ago. I think of them all the time and that first poem made me think of them even more. Oh how I loved them, and still love them now.

Penny39 and MydarlingPoppy like this.
  8. barkers

barkers PetForums Newbie

That's a nice poem. I know if I could I would have my boys right back here. I like to think that they are still around us.

9. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

lovely poem.... i am sure Ozzy is often here with us..

juliex

10. Mindy

Mindy PetForums Junior

Such a beautiful poem. I have lost a couple of pets recently and the heartbreak was devastating but I know they are little angels now RIP

11. Reianki

Reianki PetForums Newbie

I truly believe we will all be reunited with our loved ones one day, Human and animal, a lovely heartfelt poem, broke my heart when i read it.x

12. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

That is such a lovely poem.

13. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I'm crying again now !!! Thats lovely too :)

14. MissBethM

MissBethM PetForums Senior

Ahhh this poem has made my eyes well up... beautiful. xxx

15. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

It's lovely isn't it.

16. valerie samantha

valerie samantha PetForums Junior

oh what lovely poem, i lost my beautiful collie cindy back in 2003 and i still miss her so much i have a framed picture of her in my lounge, i tried so hard to keep her alive, in the end when her back legs went, the vet said to me valerie, you have to let her rest now she cant take anymore, i was devastated. we told the vet we wanted to bring her home with us to have her in the garden. we laid with her when she passed away, then sadly to left to go back for her later. we were all there when we buried her even my oldest son came all the way home from work to be there. we had her for 14 wonderful years, so again ty for letting me read your lovely poem from valerie samantha x

17. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

aww Samamtha

I know how you feel.....i still miss my mitsy now.

Must add, this is not written by me, it was wrote or copied by someone on here. They gave me kind permission to repost.

I do actually think the author maybe unknown.

But the words speak to anyone who has lost xxx

18. valerie samantha

valerie samantha PetForums Junior

hi gilly thanks for your reply, some of the people on here seem really friendly like u, im really hopin to make sum new freinds along the way x

GillyR likes this.
  19. DutchBrum

DutchBrum PetForums Junior

I lost a very special dog, just over 8 years ago, I still miss him greatly, and reading that poem bought me to tears. I have never read that before, thank you.

20. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

there are some lovely folks on here hun, i dont get on as much as i would like too xxx