Cani X

Discussion in 'Working & Sports Dogs' started by kirstyS, Feb 19, 2012.

1. kirstyS

kirstyS PetForums Member

Does anyone do Cani X?
    I've been running with my dog and thinking of entering a 5K race. Any tips?

2. Barryjparsons

Barryjparsons PetForums Member

Sorry I haven't got any tips. It is something I have been looking at for the future.

Just good luck with it and hopefully somebody will be along to give you some advice

3. Autaven

Autaven PetForums Member

Just starting it myself and joining a small group of people to build up distances. I don't have much advice but I say go for it :) You've nothing to lose! Good luck x

4. CaniRunners

CaniRunners PetForums Newbie

5. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

Hi Kirsty, I haven't had time to look at your profile to see what dog(s) you have, but I would say, be careful of the heat at this time of year. I do both Canicross and bikejoring and have to get up at 6 in the morning to run my two as the days have been really warm lately.
    When I Canicross I only do 3k as I hate running, but my Siberian loves it! I would say, invest in a good Canicross belt as it makes it so much easier to run with both of your hands free.
    Build up your distance gradually and don't over work your dog, after all you want your dog to enjoy it & not see it as a chore (like I do! Lol)
    I do bikejoring a lot more than I do Canicross, but I have competed in a few races, so if you have any questions, I would be happy to help if I can!
    Good luck & enjoy!
    Lou x

6. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

Ooh, and a good sports bra is a must, too!! :p