Beware Of Internet Scammers

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by petforum, Nov 4, 2007.

1. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

Why does it look like its written by a complete moron? never come accross anything like that b4! (terrier maids example!)

2. laurenxx

laurenxx PetForums Newbie

hi i think that i have had a scammer reply to my add for wanted in the bird section (Claudia something) the email she sent me was that she has two African grays for sale and she would ship them to me i mite be wrong and if i am i do apologize but i had some one trying to scam me before and it was a very similar email

3. phillipa

phillipa PetForums Member

i have had 2 this week trying to bye my puppies one was a paul williams and one was a susan good job i was told what to watch out for :mad:

4. AJ

AJ Guest

I had some idiot email me this the other day:

Sounds genuine, what do you reckon??

5. AJ

AJ Guest

Don't you think it's genuine then!?! :(

6. AJ

AJ Guest

Nope, I have done in the past though giving them stupid quotes. But don't anymore since finding out they sell on your email. ;)

7. AJ

AJ Guest

No, I still don't get any spam! They must have thought I wasn't worth selling! Can't blame 'em really! ;)

8. pixie

pixie PetForums Newbie

I replied to one :mad: did'nt realise it was a scam until they came up with a story that is wife had died and he had lots of different breed of dogs to get rid of, i was enquiring about a husky called tanner, then following week tanner had became a german shepherd lol i know what to look for now.

just hope i don't get much spam then.

9. mattyh

mattyh Banned

aww these guys are so fun!

I ususally respond to a couple, then ask if they can get hold of mogwais or tribbles :D

For the uninitiated, mogwais are what gizmo is in Gremlins, and tribbles are the furry things from star trek :cool:

10. pixie

pixie PetForums Newbie

lol matt, thats a good one :D