Best time to walk the dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mese, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Our field isnt lit either , and can look quite spooky when it starts getting dark :eek:

If Toff had his way he'd have just the one walk and it would be all day :D

2. Sasha'smum

Sasha'smum PetForums Member

For a spaniel, my Sasha is the most laziest dog I have ever come across! In the house she just lays about or sleeping, the only time she goes mental is when she is out on her walks! Saying that, the other day it was raining and when I opened the door she took one look and about turned and went back and lay in her bed :rolleyes:

3. Fleur

Fleur PetForums VIP

I tend to walk along the beach - so mine both wear reflective jackets and flashing collars :D so i can keep an eye on them in the winter months.

1st walk is 6.30 before I get the kids up for school - last walk normally between 4.30 and 9.30 depending on what I'm doing.

4. nic b

nic b Guest

luckys last walk is usually between 8.30 and 10.30 once the kids are in bed :)

5. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Between 8 and 10pm ours get their last walk.

6. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

I know exactly where you are coming from.

Dillon gets a walk at about 05:15 for anywhere between 60 - 90mins and then he gets as much as he wants from 18:00 onwards. At the weekend we are usually out all day together somewhere.

7. fun4fido

fun4fido PetForums Senior

Morning walk is 6am now thank god (was 5am but weather is getting a little cooler now here in Cyprus). He has an hour and a half off-leash with lots of mental stimulation too.

As it's still quite hot during the day he doesn't get an afternoon walk in summer, but we do training/play outside in the shade.

Then the last walk is around 9pm (when it's cool again), and this is another hour and a half but mostly on-leash.

At weekends we go to a beach, or go up to the mountains, and have a picnic :D

8. Luke

Luke PetForums Newbie

wow you lot get up so early , because of the nature of my work, I take my dogs out at 11am (yea late) and then out again around 8pm......There late dogs.

9. jenp

jenp PetForums VIP

My mum walks my dogs Mon-Fri in the mornings, however during school holidays she is on child care duties (poor granny, no rest of the wicked and all that!) and I get up at 5.45am before work and take my two for a big long walk. It's an absolutely fabulous time of day - there's no-one around and it's so peaceful and the wildlife in the local country park hasn't all skedaddled into hiding yet and there's often mist sitting on the surface of the loch. We regularly see deer and owls and hundreds of rabbits and the piece de resistance one morning in the summer holidays was a tiny fawn (everyone say awwww!).

It's a bummer the first couple of mornings, but once you get used to it it's really a great way to start the day.

gillieworm likes this.
  10. doggiestylestore

doggiestylestore PetForums Junior

Around 9-10pm