Age Female cats come in to season

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by MADCAT, Dec 22, 2008.

1. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

My sister in law recently rescued a female cat around 2 months ago that was abandoned, we think the cat is about 3/4 months old she is very small and today she as shown the signs that she is on heat!!
    Just wondering if this is possible and would it be safe to have her spayed at this age as she is so small.
    Thanks
    xxx

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Yes it's possible hun,as for spaying it depends on your vet and her size:)

3. rottiesloveragdolls

yes it is possible, specialy as your not sure of her age ;)

4. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Thanks, i will get her to contact her vets, poor little thing is going mad chasing the male cat my sis in law as, he is just hissing at her telling her go away bless. xx

5. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My friends cat was 5 months and she didnt stop calling it drove my mate round the twist. She booked her in to get her done strat away.

6. Cats Slave

Cats Slave PetForums Member

My burmese girl started calling at 2 weeks shy of 5 months at the end of October - was a shock, I thought she wouldn't as it was so cold and was in denial for a couple of days. My other girl is a Vervain so was spayed at 13 weeks with no problems - KozyKatz spays her girls before they go all the time and tbh it was nice not to worry about it myself.

7. Amyk

Amyk PetForums Member

Hi
    she might well be older than she looks, my cat is tiny and shes almost a year old now, it normally depends on their kitten life on how big they turn out, she may just be a small cat, but it would be best to get the advise from the vets, best of luck, Amy