Advice needed- should I adopt these cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, May 31, 2012.

1. theheatherjane

theheatherjane PetForums Member

If you don't hurry up and get them, then I will.
    Just look at those gorgeous little faces...

2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Have you asked about their previous housing situation, before they came to the rescue?
    If they are used to a a flat and did well there, you can easily get all three.
    Do you have a balcony you can cat-proof? That would also offer you extra room for them

Besides, there are ways to make a house 'bigger' for the cats.

Just google cat friendly house japan, and you will get lots of pics how to create extra space for them in a confined area.

Don't just listen to your heart or your common sense, listen to both.

Space is a major problem, but probems are there to be solved.
    I solved the problem of having indoor and outdoor cats in the same house.....

Be sensible and be inventive......
    Love will find a way.

If they are still there when you come back, whey were probably meant for you.

3. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

OMG I want that house!! :eek6:

4. scatchy

scatchy PetForums Member

Have not had time to read all the previous posts so sorry if I am repeating what has already been said.
    I would say do not let your heart rule your head.
    Three cats in a 1 bed flat is too many.
    There are so many cats about needing homes there must a single cat(if that is what you want) just waiting for you somewhere.
    If you rent(you mentioned Landlord) do remember many landlords do not allow pets at all let alone 3, so please think carefully about this before committing yourself as you may find it difficult to find another flat.
    Please bear in mind a very common reason for surrending cats to rescues is the owner moving to accomodation that does not accept pets.
    Is your current landlord happy about you getting 3 cats?
    Please don't assume because he said you can have a cat that means you can get 3!
    Please, please think really carefully before getting them and decide if you really can provide them with a "forever" home.

5. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

I have never this issue. His raw is gone in less than 5 mins he he!

6. Alfride

Alfride PetForums Senior

I'm no expert on indoor cats but would it not actually be better having two or maybe even three cats (providing they get along as these do) than one single indoor cat? In this way they can provide stimulation for each other. I know there is some territorial issues but could some smart decorating not make up for that?

To OP – They are so lovely, I can see why they spoke to you.

7. Jiskefet

These cats obviously are very close, look at the way they huddle together in the pic, so I do not expect territorial issues, they are like a family. But they do need stimulation, enough space to run, climb and play.
    But the Japanese cat-friendly houses offer many ideas you could use in an ordinary flat, too.

Unbelievable Cat-friendly House Design from Japan | moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style

Another Amazing Cat-friendly House Design from Japan | moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style

Unbelievable Cat-friendly House Design from Japan | moderncat ..., Pets, Home, Japan Directory

This flat is tiny, and she has 3 cats..... and lots of space for them, too
    Singapore Flat Has Cats Living in Style | moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style

koekemakranka likes this.
  8. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Me too !!!:D:D

9. Jiskefet

I saw it first!!!! :eek: :D

10. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

Ahh, but I said I wanted it first! :001_tt2: